Whatcom Nonprofit Network
We believe a healthy and vibrant nonprofit sector is critical to keeping our community strong. Our local organizations work in diverse areas; from feeding hungry families to restoring healthy salmon runs. Behind all of this good work, we are fortunate to have many passionate leaders and supporters.
The Whatcom Nonprofit Network (WNN), a program of the Whatcom Community Foundation, is a networking hub and educational resource that strengthens the sector. WNN also provides networking opportunities, special trainings, an online calendar and a newsletter that includes resources, event information and more.
The work of this program is powered by staff and volunteers, focused on:
- Building relationships and making connections through networking events and educational workshops.
- Professional development and resource sharing through a regular enewsletter, peer learning opportunities, and an online nonprofit scheduling calendar.
- Information and advocacy to promote nonprofit news and engage community leaders with local nonprofits.
Tools of the Trade – click here
View the latest WNN E-news to find job openings, nonprofit trainings, tools and resources:
For E-news submission guidelines, click HERE
Workshops and Trainings
AFP Advancement Northwest Presents:
Igniting Philanthropy Luncheons/Breakfasts Sponsored by the Whatcom Center for Philanthropy
Northwest Washington Igniting Philanthropy Luncheon
“Winter is Here, We Must Stop the Nonprofit Hunger Games” – You won’t want to miss this edgy, informative, and fun session with the acclaimed Vu Le.
- When: February 9, 2017 / 11am – 1:30pm
- Where: Bellingham Golf & Country Club / 3729 Meridian Street, Bellingham, WA 98225
Have you ever questioned some of the nonprofit practices that we have all been doing for years? What if we could think about the nonprofit sector and our work in a wonderfully different way? Reconsider the donor centric model, value collaboration over competition for dollars, focus on equity and inclusion in fundraising, change our views and approach on “overhead”, and spend more time being brave and appreciating the important work that we do every day in the nonprofit sector. You won’t want to miss this edgy, informative, and fun session with the acclaimed Vu Le.
- Leave with a stronger understanding of the archaic and ineffective philosophies and practices that nonprofits face on a daily basis
- Gain a better understanding of equity and how it plays out in the nonprofit field
- Gain several tangible action steps to bring back to your organization to change outdated practices
- Feel appreciated and re-energized to improve your work
Vu Le is the writer behind the humor blog nonprofitwithballs.com. He is the Executive Director of an organization in Seattle, Rainier Valley Corps, which aims to bring more leaders of color in to the nonprofit sector. He was recently recognized by the Chronicle of Philanthropy as a “Writer with Attitude” and was celebrated on their list for 40 under 40: A Force for Good.
AFP Member: $40
Northwest Washington Igniting Philanthropy Series – The Bellingham Breakfast and Luncheon programs bring lively and engaging fundraising leaders to Whatcom County to enhance professional development offered in Northwest Washington. A group of Whatcom County fundraising professionals who understand the community’s needs chooses the topic for each program. Fundraising professionals with any level of experience will find this series insightful and engaging.
For more information:
Contact: Advancement Northwest Office
Phone: (206) 971-3605
Hannah Martine, Honorworks
Katherine Freimund, Whatcom Literacy Council
Virginia Lang, Lang Consulting
Jessica Renner, Studio Hatch
Karen Kildall, Northwest Washington Fair
Connect with us or sign up for our e-newsletter at:
Whatcom Nonprofit Network