We are thrilled to announce that we will be adding a new person to our team! We are looking for a an Office Administrator to join us in our work to amplify the force of philanthropy – by connecting people, ideas, and resources – so that communities flourish. Read on for more details!
Position: Office Administrator
JOB PURPOSE: Serve as the Foundation’s administrative and program support person. Responsible for providing customer service, performing various administrative tasks, and supporting the internal flow of information and learning.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will handle a variety of daily, annual and ad-hoc projects and tasks to help create a welcoming, efficient and productive organization. Key elements of the job include:
Director of First Impressions
- Welcome and respond to guests who call, visit or email, and foster a culture of hospitality
- Answer all donor, grantee, Board, staff, vendor and community communication/correspondence with great care to provide accurate, thoughtful and timely responses
- Develop a detailed knowledge of Community Foundation & community partners
- Be an ambassador for our work
Office Management, Team Support and Project Management
- Maintain a functional, safe, clean and efficient office environment. Proactively identify needs for improvement and make recommendations to CEO and Program staff as needed
- Support the team, including the CEO, with practical and strategic services including scheduling, meeting preparation, logistics, appointment setting, mailings, event planning and management, data entry and management, project oversight, updating materials and information, light cleaning, budgeting for and ordering supplies, organizing and managing files, correspondence, maintaining documents, generating reports from data systems, minute taking and other related administrative tasks
- Support committees, task forces with logistics, record keeping and compliance
- Identify efficiencies and best practices in project management
- Assist with grant application process, including developing and publishing the online application
- Assist with grant and scholarship programs and processing
- Assist with marketing and communications for special events and programs, including newsletters, internal and external website updates: whatcomcf.org, www.whatcomcenterforphilanthropy.org and other program websites as needed, and the Community Foundation intranet site.
Community & Board Liaison
- Provide board member support and coordination for meetings and events including taking detailed minutes at board and other related meetings.
- Compile and track a variety of statistical information for staff, funders, community and the Board.
- Stay up to date on local nonprofit community resources, opportunities and contacts.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of Community Foundation & collaborative events.
- Work with Whatcom Center for Philanthropy suite-mates to proactively monitor office, conference room, kitchen and building, janitorial services, supplies and equipment needs and independently or collaboratively remedy issues as appropriate.
- Community Foundation point person for the Whatcom Center for Philanthropy to promote and implement conference room reservation system and provide media technical support.
- Share information and learning by coordinating survey and list serve inquiries.
- Assume direct responsibility for all information and database systems and services including maintenance, backup and recovery procedures. Optimize use of its functionalities to support and develop foundation strategic goals.
- Proactively develop procedures and training to assure the accuracy and quality of information (data integrity), including regular data maintenance, such as de-duping, correcting data entry, ensuring format consistency, timely data synchronizing, back-up and troubleshooting data issues.
- Coordinate with technical support of staff and vendors regarding systems and office equipment, including:
- Liaison with contracted IT provider
- Workstations, printers, media, audio visual equipment and internet based phone system
- Software, including Windows, Microsoft Office 365 Products, and Adobe products
- Cloud-based management information system; work with team towards solutions and consistent processes
- Backup person for complex online security system.
We seek no single set of qualifications or experiences, as we appreciate that there are many paths to this opportunity.
In order to excel in this position, you must be:
- Able to build relationships and comfortable starting conversations. (Trusted relationships are the core of our work.).
- Adept at organizing and planning to create a highly productive and efficient office.
- Able to engage with a variety of people: interacts respectfully and effectively with people of all races, ethnicities, cultures and socio-economic backgrounds; has an awareness of his/her own cultural worldview and its impact on perspective.
- An outstanding communicator, with strong editing and proofreading skills; able to write equally well for digital and print media.
- Able to rapidly incorporate new tools and systems into your working practice and teach others to use them.
- A strong strategic thinker able to coordinate multiple projects, sweat the details and manage ambiguity with grace and good humor.
- Clear in setting expectations and flawless with follow-through.
- Highly collaborative: philanthropy is a team sport and we value flexible, adaptable people who can play many roles.
- Curious and confident; you will need to generate and test new ideas and drive through rapid cycles of action, reflection and learning.
- Passionate about our mission and culture, and courageous enough to join us in constructively striving to be a better neighbor and partner.
- Willing to take initiative, anticipate next steps, identify opportunities and potential pitfalls, determine actions to resolve issues using good judgement to keep work moving forward. Provide creative input.
- Highly ethical and honest, applying ethical standards of behavior to daily work activities.
Skills and Experience:
While we do not expect a strong candidate to bring all the following skills to the table, the more of the following skills and experience you can demonstrate, the stronger your application will be:
- Customer service experience and skills
- Experience in administrative support or office management
- High proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with Adobe products
- Experience in and knowledge of philanthropy, nonprofits and/or finance.
- Experience managing complex data and/or customer relation management systems
- Experience with cloud-based systems
- Basic understanding of website and Facebook design elements and function / general knowledge of various social media platforms
- Familiarity with online collaboration tools
Salary and Benefits
The annual compensation for this full-time, exempt position includes a package of benefits including medical, vision, dental and retirement (vested after 1 year). Salary range is $38,000-48,000 annually depending on experience. Hours include some evening and weekend work.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume, to Pamela Jons email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on April 24, 2017. Your application should be emailed; a single PDF file is preferred.
ABOUT WHATCOM COMMUNITY FOUNDATION
The Whatcom Community Foundation is on a mission to amplify the force of philanthropy – by connecting people, ideas and resources – so that communities flourish. We work in the areas of hunger and poverty, economic development, food and agriculture, environment, health and wellness, education, arts and culture, building community and nonprofit capacity building. We serve all of Whatcom County, located in the northwest corner of Washington state. Our vision is that everyone who lives here thrives. The Community Foundation is a complex organization serving a variety of communities in a predominantly rural county. We advance our mission through four strategies:
- Community Partnerships
- Putting Dollars to Work (grantmaking, impact investing and scholarships)
- Strengthening Nonprofits
- Helping Donors Make a Difference
We value equity, relationships, integrity, curiosity, creativity and stewardship. We are responsible risk takers in pursuit of making life in the many communities of Whatcom County better for everyone. We keep communities’ aspirations at the center of our work, and strive to create an environment that utilizes community members’ knowledge, skills and expertise.