You Can Make a Difference on a Local Nonprofit Board – Check out Board Match!
Do You Want to Make a Difference in Our Community?
Would you like to use your skills to help a nonprofit organization you care about as a member of their board?
If you answered ‘yes’ to the questions above, you may be interested in Board Match, a new program of the Whatcom Community Foundation
- Board Match gives you a way to give back while advancing your professional and personal goals.
- Board Match trains you for new board service.
- Board Match helps you to connect with local nonprofit organizations who seek board members
Program dates: Thursday, October 12th, 5:15 to 6:30pm (snacks will be served)
Thursday, October 19th, 5:15 to 8:30 pm (dinner will be served)
Cost: $25 per participant (Scholarships Available)
Registration opens September 7th and closes October 6th
IS BOARD MATCH FOR ME?
- YES, if you never served on a board of directors for a nonprofit organization or have little board experience.
- YES, if you are not currently serving on a board OR you haven’t been recruited onto one.
- YES, if you want help finding a nonprofit for possible board service.
- NO, if you are already on a board or are looking for board training – we can help connect you with other helpful resources
What is Board Match?
Whatcom Community Foundation’s Board Match program is designed to encourage new leaders from the community to learn more about what it means to be a successful board member, and to connect them with opportunities to engage in board service with an organization that is important to them.
Participants in the Board Match program will learn about the roles and responsibilities of an effective board member, and will have the opportunity to be connected with a local nonprofit. Participants will review the profiles of local nonprofit organizations who are currently looking for new board members. Each participant will be asked to identify 3 organizations with which they would like to meet during our ‘meet and greet’ on the second night of the program, scheduled for the evening of October 19.
Contact Rachel Myers at email@example.com or 360-671-6463 with questions.